What is Cyber Security?
Cyber attacks come in many shapes and sizes, but the vast majority are very basic in nature, carried out by relatively unskilled individuals. They’re the digital equivalent of a thief trying your front door to see if it’s unlocked. Cyber Security helps you to prevent these attacks and keep your systems as secure as possible.
Advantages of CYBER Security
- Reassure customers that you are working to secure your IT against cyber attack
- Attract new business with the promise you have cyber security measures in place
- Have a clear picture of your organisation's cyber security level
- Some Government contracts require Cyber Essentials certification
- Reduce the risk of cyber-attacks and potential data breach which would otherwise be reportable to the ICO
- Helps with GDPR compliancy
There are currently two options for Cyber certifications
We will audit your IT systems in order to fully understand your organisation before advising if you are ready for Cyber ESSENTIALS. We will feedback with any remedial works that needs to be carried out and once complete will be in a position to fill out the required forms on your behalf and gain your certification from IASME
- An independently verified self-assessment certification via IASME
- Protection against a wide variety of the most common cyber attacks
- Assessed against five basic security controls
- Represents the Governments minimum baseline standard for Cyber Security in the UK
- Valid for 12 months
- Once certified, most companies will qualify for FREE £25,000 insurance cover!
Cyber ESSENTIALS PLUS
This certification needs to be carried out within 3 months of completing Cyber ESSENTIALS. This is a far more in-depth certification and requires penetration testing of all external facing devices (IP addresses) and a physical audit of a random selection of devices within your organisation.
- A technical audit of your systems
- Audit of a representative set of user devices
- Audit of all internet gateways & all servers
- Random sample testing of your systems
- Rigorous & in-depth scan of external vulnerabilities
- Must be completed within 3 months of Cyber Essentials certification and is valid for 12 months
CONTACT US Now!
Cyber security can be a minefield as the requirements are constantly being reviewed. Addcom IT's caring and friendly staff will take the stress out of the certification and help you reduce your business risk whilst you gain your Cyber compliancy. All companies you work with should be able to demonstrate your data is safe with them
- 1 hour FREE no obligation consultation to see how ready your business is to ACHIEVE cyber certification!
- We wont only tell you what needs remedial works, we can implement them for you
- We will provide solutions to any identified issues
- We are happy to work alongside your internal IT support
- Help you reduce the risk of a cyber attack
- Help you attract new business by being able to demonstrate you have cyber security measures in place.
DID YOU KNOW...
Below are some useful facts and figures to consider when making a business decision about the security of your IT systems and whether Cyber Essentials Certification is what you are looking to achieve. The Cyber standards are reviewed constantly which is why this certification needs to be carried out annually
- Cybercrime costs UK businesses £21,000,000,000 annually!
- 58% of all attacks target small businesses
- Any organisation, which falls victim to cyber security breaches risks significantly high fines:
- The UK GDPR and DPA 2018 set a maximum fine of £17.5 million or 4% of annual global turnover - whichever is greater
- Victims also suffer non-financial costs, such as reputational damage
- So far in 2022, 39% of UK businesses have identified a cyber attack
- You must have appropriate measures and records in place to be able to demonstrate your compliance